Get the latest on health, sport and physical education agendas and seek solutions. Improve your understanding of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education and engage with implementation. Network and converse with colleagues and like-minded professionals and challenge your own thinking and practices.
The 30th ACHPER International Conference is occurring in an exciting time for Health and Physical Education (HPE) in Australia. With the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education (AC:HPE) implementation processes for Foundation to Year 10 commencing in states and territories, the timing of this conference synchronises with and will support states and schools in the delivery of this curriculum, recognising local context.
With the full program now released and including more than 220 sessions, ACHPER offers you a conference experience that inspires you in your teaching and contributes to the wider professional aim of ensuring active and healthy lifestyles for all. The conference program is set to offer something for all delegates whether interested in primary, secondary or tertiary education. Delegates will have the opportunity to be engaged with national and international presenters through workshops, presentations, symposiums and posters that will focus on:
- Pedagogical approaches in all areas of AC:HPE;
- Current evidence based research and academic discussion;
- Unpacking and implementing of the AC:HPE;
- Sport delivery models and programs;
- Integrating digital technology into the AC:HPE; and
- Broader health promotion frameworks and programs.
The theme, Participation in an Active and Healthy Life: Valuing the Participant Voice and the sub-themes of the conference deliver specifically to the five propositions of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education:
- Focus on educative purposes;
- Take a strengths-based approach;
- Value movement;
- Develop health literacy;
- Include a critical inquiry approach; and
- Sport and recreation pedagogies.
Delegates can also expect to be challenged by the TED Talk keynote sessions from invited experts in the field of HPE, including:
- Sean Slade, ASCD (USA)
- Professor Donna Cross, University of Western Australia and the Telethon Kids Institute (AUS)
- Professor Damian Farrow, Victoria University (AUS)
- Professor Peter Hastie, Auburn University (USA)
- Professor Philip Morgan, University of Newcastle (AUS)
- Professor Richard (Dick) Telford AM as the 24th Fritz Duras Memorial Lecturer
Combined with an enjoyable networking and social program, this conference offers the very best of Canberra, the national capital, to ensure every delegate has a memorable experience.
Why should you attend?
- Engage with colleagues in formal and social context throughout the three-day experience.
- Hear about the latest in health and physical education, health, wellbeing and sport agendas and solutions from our national and international keynotes and presenters.
- Improve your understanding of the AC:HPE and implementation strategies.
- Share with like-minded professionals and challenge your current thinking and practices.
- Enjoy all that Australia’s Capital City has to offer.
Delegates can register via the conference website at www.achper2017.com with single or multiple day attendance options available (including reduced rates for tertiary students).
The full program is available at www.achper2017.com/2017/program/program-overview